Wednesday, October 26, 2005

AMLN Earnings

As we all know, earnings announcement is today. Since I first covered this company in august, many positive things have occurred within Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AMLN). It has been upgraded by three firms and coverage was initiated by a fourth, we've seen a new addition to the board of directors, and most importantly, people have been buying the stock. Here is what one analyst wrote about their new drug Byetta that treats type 2 diabetes, "We continue to believe that Byetta will exceed Street expectations and upside to estimates could result in a second leg of stock appreciation near term." I will be surprised if they release anything other than good news after the bell today.

**update** AMLN hit the low end of the estimate and the stock is heading south in after hours trading... say no to drugs


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice call idiot!!! Yeah way to tell people to trust the analysts. Your blog title fits you well "Crazy."

4:28 PM  
Blogger crazytrader said...

Thanks for the comment.. you must be a first time reader.. If you had read anything I have written in the past, you would know that I hardly ever hold through earnings nor have I ever recommend for anyone to do so. In fact, I talk about those exact risks in a post last Tuesday. Furthermore, I first recommended this stock when it was at $32. Following my recommendation, you could have sold today for a nice 22% profit.. The only thing crazy about my picks is the crazy money you could have made.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jan Michael said...

Wow! Crazy? I think CrazyTrader is just straight forward. I love the way you presented these facts, even though I am new with this business. Stock Market Tips like this will surely help. Got some from

Learn more stock market tips

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home